Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Summer!

Sorry for the gap between posts. The internet has been, and still is, acting up. :( Good news is, it gave me lots to think about for my next post! :D

I have been viewing the most recent trends that are going to be dominating the fashion scene for the Spring / Summer in order to knit and crochet (and write) some new patterns. The biggest trend I am seeing is color! I don't mean timid colors, either. Bright bold colors dominate. Think Rio Carnival color: canary yellow, cobalt blue, turquoise, flame red, carrot orange, and deep royal purple! I have never been afraid of color, but I realize a lot of people are, so the most wearable trend is combining neutrals (camel, tan, etc) or black and white with a pop of color.


Try a bright colored accessory or top with a black and white piece or a bright top with a black and white skirt, or even add a bright color to the hem of the skirt. When playing with color like this, remember a bold color will draw the eye, so if you like you legs, go with color on your skirt hem, if you like your face, bring the color to the top. Don't add color where you don't want attention! Otherwise, have fun with the trend and let your creative juices flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment